Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

REST webservices IIS and versioning

Posted by ArieM 
REST webservices IIS and versioning
November 27, 2019 09:03PM
Hi,

I'm building my first REST webservice to support a mobile app on Android. It's in fact build on the WM_Messenger example found in LST113, which is basicly a complete, although simple, messaging app like Whatsapp.

I wonder how to implement a versioning system. At some point I come up with new features and so on and then I need version 2 of my webservice. How is that done?

After install I noticed that my REST webservice is visible in the Webdev administrator tool, but not in the IIS manager.
Normal websites are visible as a site or application, under the "Default Web Site" in IIS I do see however all my webservice-calls as "handler mappings" in IIS. Is this all common practise?

So I need some insights on how things are done in IIS related to Windev REST webservices.
Can someone share some tips and tricks?

I'm on IIS 8.5 on a Windows 2012 server by the way

Arie
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.