Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WM24] Trying to move servers

Posted by RobertLeo 
[WM24] Trying to move servers
November 23, 2019 04:32PM
Hello all,

I am attempting to move my database from my linux based cloud but I found 2 issues;

1. I keep getting the following error when attempting to backup;

System error code: 24
System error message:
Too many open files

And the thing is, I have increased the file limit both soft and hard for every users to 2 million files and I still get this.

2. When importing the database from a new server to windev mobile, all of the links along with the foreign keys within the analysis disappears, is there a way to prevent this?
Re: [WM24] Trying to move servers
November 25, 2019 09:19AM
well I sort of managed to fix the 1st one by partially backing up segments of the database one at a time, I had to use this crude workaround because as it turns out the server I use keeps resetting the file limit to 1024 regardless of the settings I put into it

but as I feared all of the links are not carried over again, is there a way to add the links into the new DB location without needing to rewrite every single one of them?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.