Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD24] - EXE file size

Posted by JP 
JP
[WD24] - EXE file size
November 16, 2019 11:32AM
Hi All

Noticed a funny thing. I have a little project, nothing special or large. Sometimes I create the EXE and it is +/-900Kb and sometimes +/-3000Kb. For example, yesterday I compiled the EXE and it was 900Kb. This morning I added a comment line and a extremely minor change to a single line of code. Recompile and ... 3000Kb. Tomorrow or another day it will go back to 900Kb. Any ideas about this?
Re: [WD24] - EXE file size
November 16, 2019 05:19PM
JP

See when you compile you have the option to put all the files in the exe, including dll, and you can, in particular, you probably chose the first option

[infosonline.net]
JP
Re: [WD24] - EXE file size
November 16, 2019 05:50PM
Yes I know this setting BUT I'm not changing this option from compile to compile (and not including the DLL in the EXE either). Nothing changes except what I said; I added a comment line and minor change to a FOR NEXT statement. Sometimes the EXE compiles larger, sometime smaller, and without changing the project options between compiles.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2019 05:52PM by JP.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.