WD24 Variable Length Report
October 24, 2019 05:58PM
Hi All,

I have a report in Windev 24 that I am using to print an order for a commercial kitchen to make food. The challenge I have is I need the report length to change to meet the size of the data being printed. Unfortunately this cannot be a simple case of 1 item = Xcm as the content of each item is also variable in length.

I have got around this issue in one way by utilising the receipt printers inbuilt paper saving function and making the report length 9999, this allows the data to grow in length and the report prints perfectly fine. The challenge is I want to keep a digital copy of the report print out for historical purposes so I would prefer the report length to adjust to suit the data being printed.

does anyone have any ideas?

Is there a way of reading the Y position of a footer and set the page length to this value with an offset?

Thank you for any ideas or suggestions smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2019 06:02PM by Lee Shroder.
gga
Re: WD24 Variable Length Report
October 25, 2019 03:58PM
What happens if you print the report as a PDF to save for historical purposes?
Garry
Re: WD24 Variable Length Report
October 26, 2019 03:10PM
Thank you for your question Gary, the PDF document report ends up being 9999mm long, but when its printed on the receipt printer its only as long as the data being provided as receipt printers have inbuilt media saving.

The aim is to reduce the length of the report to match the data being sent. I cannot use multiple pages as the receipt printer will print and cut for each page.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.