Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cloud Server not sync'd with project

Posted by RobertLeo 
Cloud Server not sync'd with project
October 21, 2019 12:23PM
Hello friends,

I have recently merged and exported my database from 2 different groups from my local server to a LINUX based cloud server, on the windev mobile side, two separate groups of my dev team imported the database from the server (which strangely no longer included the links between each data but that was a minor inconvenience at worst), but then after we had changed a few of the data on windev mobile, for some reason we got an error stating a compatibility issue where the data on cloud and in local are mismatched (we added a new field into the "erroneous" data) which means that what we're doing is not sync'd with the cloud, is there a way to fix this without overwriting the two different groups' changes on their end
Re: Cloud Server not sync'd with project
October 22, 2019 08:47AM
I ended up "hot" synchronizing the analysis with the cloud server whilst manually picking on which records to sync and not to so as to not screw over the progress of the two groups, is there a way to make this whole process automatic and how can the different groups sync their analysis with the other group's changes (without overwriting their own)?
November 25, 2019 07:09AM
Hi. You can use SCM so synchronize the team work. When a developer make project changes, the changes will be shared.

Rubén
November 25, 2019 07:31AM
Hello Ruben, thank you for the response however an SCM is not possible in this regard because the only things that are changed are on the database level, the applications are two different apps thus have separate SCMs, but we have already fixed this problem by synchronizing the tables worked on by both teams

Rubén Sánchez Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi. You can use SCM so synchronize the team work.
> When a developer make project changes, the changes
> will be shared.
>
> Rubén
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.