Data locked by another user
October 16, 2019 11:10AM
Under certain conditions (ie the failure of an attached USB data logger) after I close our application, when I reopen it and try to access the database I get the error Data Currently Locked By Another User. There is no other user connected to the database but a locka has somehow been applied to the file. Nothing, not even a reboot will clear this but it seems to time out after 15 minutes and the file is released - even if my application is not running.

I have tried all manner of third party utilities to unlock the file but all say there are no locks applied.
What mechanism does Windev use to lock a database file and how can I unlock one that is left in the locked state other than wait 15 minutes?

One clue is that there seems to be a 'zombie' windev application left in task manager, but again this is completely unkillable by any means - I have tried task manager, process explorer but with no success. Task manager just reports 'Access is denied'
Re: Data locked by another user
October 17, 2019 10:14AM
Greeting

Have you tried this

[help.windev.com]

What database do you use Classic or Client Server?

[infosonline.net]
October 17, 2019 11:09AM
We are using HFSQL Classic. I call HClose after every sequence of database activity but if the application closes ungracefully during a database access we are left in this state. Since we are running a data logging application the database is accessed regularly.
ccc2
October 21, 2019 09:38AM
Highly recommend not to use HFsql classic in multi users environment , upgrade to Client Server . But if you really want to use it then do not use lock , transaction , etc.. functions . in case of fail or program terminate can cause unable unlock or TransactionCancel . when that happen you will have to manual unlock or transactioncancel using windev tools
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.