Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WX24_77f update

Posted by dmontaine 
WX24_77f update
October 15, 2019 02:06AM
This is the second French update since the last English update. Two questions:

1) is there any word that the English version will receive these updates.
2) what is in 77f
ccc2
Re: WX24_77f update
October 15, 2019 02:25AM
The Update fix will be WD 25 and you have to pay to get fixed
October 15, 2019 07:30AM
Hi,
this is a very pessimistic view!! WX25/English is still some time away.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
October 15, 2019 09:11AM
Hi Guenther,

could you please ask PCSOFT (in your function as dealer) ?

My WX24 crashes very often and has some new bugs (UML creation from the analyses creates 2 different files)

regards Michael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2019 09:12AM by Michael Drechsel.
October 15, 2019 10:42AM
Hi Michael,

they do know about the problems with crashing while being in a GO-test. After certain errors one has even to restart the computer! Happens in all sub-versions of WD24. There is an update in the works, yesterday we got a mail saying we should update WM24 to v77f - in French. I think it's just been an error of Tech Support. I strongly believe that there will be an update for English versions very soon.

Did you report all problems - do it one by one - to Tech Support?

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
October 15, 2019 05:27PM
Hello All
If you look at all the past updates there usually a October update for the English version. 23 was the only version that did not.

DW
October 16, 2019 10:41AM
gpredl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Michael,

>
> Did you report all problems - do it one by one -
> to Tech Support?

Hi Guenther,

no.

The effort to make a sample project takes some time, the conversation with PC Soft is often very frustrating.
I do not use the actual version for really importent projects, and after a year when I use the version the don´t provide any update for this version.

regards Michael
October 16, 2019 11:44AM
Reporting bugs is indeed frustrating.

6 weeks ago i reported a bug in the spreadsheetcontrol: If a cell contains text with line breaks and you save the worksheet and then you open it in Excel the line breaks are gone. The whole text consists of one line, the words which were separated by the break are now merged, there is no space between.

Some time ago i reported a bug in the organization chart control: When it contains many parts the diagramm is presented wrong, some elements overlap. I send them screenshots but they wanted a demo project which is too much work to build. This is their kind of bugfixing... just ignore them.

I try to give my customers bug fixes within several days which is impossible if PCSoft doesnt act.

Alongside other issues i am seriously considering about transfering my projects step by step to a better supported and more open solution.
October 16, 2019 03:32PM
Hi Markus,

which solution is that ?

regards Michael
October 16, 2019 04:06PM
WM24 75t has 2 problems that for me (and I think for anyone they make it useless):

a) Errors with the libraries (HF mostly) when using TargetSDK:28 (as required by Google). Notified to PCsoft in July and fixed with version 77.

b) Intermittent errors using httprequest in Android 9. Often the application returns an error. Notified to PCSoft a month ago. I don't know if it has already been fixed.

Edit: I can confirm that the problem with httprequest has not been fixed yet in version 77f.

Rubén

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2019 12:20AM by Rubén Sánchez.
October 17, 2019 12:34AM
English version published.

Rubén
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.