Advanced

[WB24] App Server page formatting

Posted by dmontaine 
[WB24] App Server page formatting
October 05, 2019 07:05AM
[WB24] I have three places where I test my application:

1. Apache running on my development computer

2. PCSoft test hosting site

3. Apache running on a Debian Linux Stretch virtual machine. This is running on a full, licensed version of the Webdev Linux Application server software, not the 10 user version.

1 and 2 above display the site pages perfectly, however 3 often seems to lose formatting of the pages. Has anyone else run into this problem and does anyone have some pointers about how/if it can be fixed.
Re: [WB24] App Server page formatting
October 06, 2019 06:19AM
Follow up: I installed an Apache 2.4 server on a WIndows Server 2016 VM with the Windows version of the App Server and all the problems with formatting are gone.
October 06, 2019 12:34PM
Greeting

Do you work on MySQL database,

I used an Apache server and had no problems

[infosonline.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2019 12:36PM by infos.
October 06, 2019 01:08PM
HFSQL - don't know if the rendering problem is Linux or the App Server on Linux, but pages would suddenly lose formatting. However, I am fine with running Apache on Windows. I use the version from Apache Lounge: [www.apachelounge.com]

I have been using it for development and decided to try it on a production VM running Windows server 2016. It is very stable and actually much faster to render than the Linux version of Apache (also much faster and easier to manage than IIS).

------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Lounge has provided up-to-date Windows binaries and popular third-party modules for more than 15 years. We have hundreds of thousands of satisfied users: small and big companies as well as home users. Always build with up to date dependencies and latest compilers, and tested thorough. The binaries are referenced by the ASF, Microsoft, PHP etc. and more and more software is packaged with our binaries and modules.

The binaries, are build with the sources from ASF at httpd.apache.org, contains the latest patches and latest dependencies like zlib, openssl etc. which makes the downloads here mostly more actual then downloads from other places. The binaries do not run on XP and 2003. Runs on: 7 SP1, Vista SP2, 8 / 8.1, 10, Server 2008 SP2 / R2 SP1, Server 2012 / R2, Server 2016/2019.

Build with the latest Windows® Visual Studio C++ 2019 aka VS16. VS16 has improvements, fixes and optimizations over VC15 in areas like Performance, MemoryManagement, New standard conformance features, Code generation and Stability. For example code quality tuning and improvements done across different code generation areas for "speed". And makes more use of latest processors and supported Windows editions (win 7 and up) internal features.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.