Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD24] PCSoft Really Screwed up the Date masks.

Posted by Al 
Al
[WD24] PCSoft Really Screwed up the Date masks.
September 12, 2019 10:14PM
Hello

PCSoft completely screwed up in this version with the date masks !

I edited a couple of tables with data columns that were invisible. Circumstances have changed and I made them visible.
The data masks - courtesy of PCSoft V24 - were set to "JJ/MM/AAAA"
When the columns display now they show "20/90/_____"
Changing the mask to DD/MM/YYYY doesn't fix the problem
The only way to fix it it to remove the columns, save the table, and then recreate the columns

Existing columns that were visible still have the "JJ/MM/AAAA" mask because I am not game to change all 2000+ in the app but they display ok for the moment. It is only columns that were invisible and are now made visible that are corrupted.

I am concerned as to what might happen if PCSoft try to "fix" this problem in V25 and I am totally pissed off that the problem exists in the first place and PCSoft refuse to acknowlege the problem and haven't fixed it.

Regards
Al
Re: [WD24] PCSoft Really Screwed up the Date masks.
September 12, 2019 11:26PM
Hello Al
I had over 300 date fields in tables and forms if you open the description of the control it will hose the date. On 11 of the fields in charge the returned data to “as is” this can be a huge problem. I had to change ever single one back to where it was before the update.

DW
Al
September 12, 2019 11:30PM
Hello DW

Your observation about opening the description is interesting. It could mean that I could run a global replace on the "JJ/MM/AAAA" and replace them with "DD/MM/YYYY" and the problem might fix itself because I haven't opened up the control.

I will try it on a copy of my app over the weekend.

Regards
Al
Al
September 13, 2019 01:29AM
Hello

I found a simpler way to fix the problem in tables. Change the date fields to text, save and close the window holding the table then re-open and change the table fields back to date. In my case I then set both the input and display masks as DD/MM/YYYY and the returned value as YYYYMMDDD and that works.

This problem is like a ticking bomb, I don't know whether to take a chance and try to fix every date field ( and am I really fixing it permanently ?), or just wait till a client contacts me with a problem.

I have zero faith in the Windev product & PCSoft at the moment and am dreading the next upgrade rather than looking forward to it.

Regards
Al
September 13, 2019 12:15PM
Hi Al,

it could be a AAF issue - delete the AAF entries in the registry _OR_ delete your XML file with the AAF entries.

Regards
Steven Sitas
Al
September 13, 2019 12:38PM
Hello Steven

Thanks for the suggestion, but I can't see how the AAF has any influence when the root cause is PCSoft screwing the masks on the date fields and changing them to French notation.

I believe I have a way of addressing the issue and to be honest I am not game to try anything else in case it makes it worse.

My current approach is whenever I open a window, I search for "JJ/MM/AAAA" and replace it with "DD/MM/YYYY". This fixes the input mask error. I then open the date controls and change the display mask to DD/MM/YYYY and the Returned Value to "YYYYMMDD"

It's a lot of work but what other choice do I have.

Regards
Al
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.