Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WM] - Updating apk no Google Play not working any more

Posted by YogiYang 
[WM] - Updating apk no Google Play not working any more
September 12, 2019 07:01AM
Hello,

We have a few apps that are on the store for 2 years not. But just two days back we updated an app and uploaded it to the play store but this update is not getting published as it does not contain native support for Android 64bit.

Is there any way we can resolve this problem?

TIA

--
Yogi Yang
Al
Re: [WM] - Updating apk no Google Play not working any more
September 12, 2019 07:28AM
Hello Yogi

I think you will need to recompile it with V24 as a 64 bit app

Regards
Al
September 12, 2019 11:12AM
Hi Al,

Does this mean we need to upgrade to 24 or we can't update apps on Playstore?

Thanks

Pete
September 12, 2019 02:08PM
Hi. Since August 2019 you need to meet 2 new conditions to publish or update your applications:

a) That the libraries used by the program (xxx.so) exist in 32 and 64 bits

(b) TargetSDK is equal to 28 (formerly 26).

For my WM24 meets both options but option b) gives execution errors. If the value is 26 it works without problems but if it is updated to 28 as Google requires the applications give errors when closing them. In my case the problem has to do with the use of HF functions, but I do not rule out that there are others. Also you have to update by hand the manifest for the Persistent Threads to work.

I sent an example to PcSoft with both problems and they confirmed their existence.

Let's wait...

Edit: the issue is using TargetSDK 28 and running the app in Android 9 devices. In previous Android versions it works Fine.

Rubén

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2019 10:40AM by Rubén Sánchez.
September 22, 2019 05:01PM
Hi. Apparently in the imminent new version of WM24 (at level 1 currently) the problem with the use of HF libraries with TargetSDK:28 (use required to upload applications to the Google store) is solved. At least no errors are shown in the device log.

Rubén
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.