Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Issue with WD 23 and Windows Servers locking up

Posted by Jeff Graham 
Issue with WD 23 and Windows Servers locking up
September 04, 2019 01:34AM
Have any of you had lock up problems with HF server running on windows servers? We have multiple school districts that have new windows servers (some virtual) that are running our WD 23 meals program. They run for a while and then it locks up. They have to restart the program to get it working again but there are no locks on the HF server.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Jeff Graham
Cascade Consulting
Re: Issue with WD 23 and Windows Servers locking up
September 05, 2019 04:34PM
Hi Jeff,

we experienced a similar problem with v23. We found out, it was a memory leak. a) switch to Manta v24 b) if your servers are 32-bit then switch to 64-bit c) Manta on Linux 64-bit is the best way to avoid any such problems. There are no problems running v23 programs with v24 servers.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
September 05, 2019 05:04PM
Thanks, we will change to v24 servers or back to v22.
September 06, 2019 07:43AM
Hi Jeff,

do not go back to v22 !!

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
September 06, 2019 08:23AM
Hi Jeff,

Never user HFSQL Server with version previous than WX version.
Allways >=

Regards,
Vassilis
September 10, 2019 06:54PM
Thanks for the comments, we actually are going back to v21 HFSql server as it has worked well with our application. My wife does not trust v24 and she is the one that supports our schools.

We will be vigilant and I will try to get her to try v24 first but we are not upgrading to WX24 development. We are close to "end of life" on our application and trying to retire as we are 70 and 72. We would love to pass the torch to someone that would move the application to a "cloud based" version or at least a browser based version. We have lost school districts to competitors for this reason. We made the first version in DOS with ZIM in 1987 and have rewritten it multiple times.

Thanks to all the years of help that we have received from this forum. I hope I have contributed some in return.

Jeff Graham
Cascade Consulting
September 10, 2019 07:30PM
Dear Jeff,

I wish you to reach 100 years !

Regards

Vassilis
November 23, 2019 07:59PM
I am curious to get feedback on the reliability of HF Server v21 versus v24 as far as lockups? V21 is working fine at most schools and we do not have any need for new features of v24.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Jeff Graham
Cascade Consulting
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.