Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

latitude/longitude

Posted by gga 
gga
latitude/longitude
September 03, 2019 03:21AM
Simple question I would think but I don't have any Windev experience with mapping.
I have to add longitude/latitude fields to an HFSQL file. The purpose is only to aid in uniquely identifying a location (in this case the name of a lake since there are many duplicate lake names in the file).
What is the best way to set this up?
Garry
winDev22
Al
Re: latitude/longitude
September 03, 2019 09:02AM
Hello Garry

The best place to look is the geoPosition variable
It has a breakdown of all the gps attributes that are available to you in Windev and their data types
In that variable the latitude and longitude are reals.

I would set up a separate GPS data file with all the attributes in the geoposition variable and a 2 part foreign key link back to the file that needs a gps record. This file would hold all the GPS records for your application.
e.g. you have a file of addresses
The GPS record holds the gps details for each address record. The two part composite key in the gps file is "AD" + address record primary numeric key.
The alpha segment "AD" refers to the address file and makes the composite key unique because the primary key numeric value could exist in another file that also keeps its GPS records in the GPS file.

Regards
Al
Re: latitude/longitude
September 03, 2019 01:26PM
Hi

I was doing something similar with GPS coordinates

[gps.infosonline.net]

[infosonline.net]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.