Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SMTP problems [WD22]

Posted by ISO 
ISO
SMTP problems [WD22]
August 26, 2019 12:47PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm, having some problems getting the SMTP parameters from a customers IT company.

If i use my own SMTP parameters it works fine, but theirs give me

SMTP Error 535 5.7.3

but they are insisting their parameters are correct and its the problem is at this end.

Its something to do with the fact its exchange server settings they have given me, but i dont know much about it. Can anyone offer any help please?

Thanks ISO
Al
Re: SMTP problems [WD22]
August 26, 2019 04:01PM
Hello Iso

I have a client using Exchange with the following parameters

smtp server smtp.office365.com
Username noreply@theirdomain.com
Authentication TLS with a password
Port 587

I hope this may be of some help

Regards
Al
ISO
Re: SMTP problems [WD22]
September 03, 2019 01:42PM
Hi Al

Thanks for your reply.

I have been able to add the email account using their settings in outlook by selecting Exchange Server, and also can access using outlook web app so the details are correct but it will not connect using Windev 22.

MySessionR is EmailSMTPSession
MySessionR..ServerAddress = mail.thedomain.com
MySessionR..Name = customer
MySessionR..Password = 1234

MySessionR..Name - this does not contain the domain just the username for the Account (works fine in Outlook like this.)

Do you know of anything they may have to do in Exchange Server to allow it to connect/start session?

Thanks

ISO
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.