Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD24] Windev Groupware accepts HDeclareExternal

Posted by Al 
Al
[WD24] Windev Groupware accepts HDeclareExternal
August 21, 2019 06:45PM
Hello

Following on from my issues with the inbuilt Windev groupware, I have kept on investigating and have found that the various GPU_ data files can be accessed within a Windev program without using any of the inbuilt GPW functions.
PCSoft kept the original GPW functions for backward compatibility and extended their use to include the newer GPU_ groupware data files.

I have set these options up in the project init code and I can now use the GPU files anywhere in the Windev application
I am not adding or changing any records, just using the data that exists.

LGPWPath = fCurrentDir +"\GPW_xxx" //xxx is the project name
ExtGPU_User is a Data Source

IF fFileExist(CompleteDir(LGPWPath)+"GPU_User.FIC") = True
HDeclareExternal(CompleteDir(LGPWPath)+"GPU_User.FIC",ExtGPU_User,"Password for the GPU_ files")
END //IF fFileExist(CompleteDir(LGPWPath)+"GPU_User.FIC") = True

The reverse is also true and you can HDeclareExternal() Windev files from your application analysis inside the Groupware login and main screens

I am not sure if this process would also work with the older GPW_ groupware files.

Regards
Al

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2019 09:18PM by Al.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.