Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD22 does not create an exe

Posted by Erik Schwarz 
Erik Schwarz
WD22 does not create an exe
August 12, 2019 10:59PM
Hi,

quite now, when trying to create an exe, I got the following error.
Any ideas what that mean?

The generation failed.
Unable to create temporary file in <C:\Users\Erik\AppData\Local\Temp\> directory with <> prefix.
System Error Details:

Die Datei ist vorhanden.
(80)

thanks for any hints

Erik
Re: WD22 does not create an exe
August 13, 2019 10:46AM
Hi,

UAC off ?

regards Michael
Erik Schwarz
August 13, 2019 11:54AM
Hi Michael,

turned off UAC, but no Change.
NO idea, which Directory to create they mean.

g

Erik
JP
August 13, 2019 12:19PM
Erik,

Does it literally say: <C:\Users\Erik\AppData\Local\Temp\> directory with <> prefix

If yes then the problem would seem to be WD is trying to create a file called "> directory with <> prefix" which it cannot do since ">" and "<" and illegal file/folder name characters.
Erik Schwarz
August 13, 2019 01:49PM
Hi JP,

that is exactly the message, no placeholder. In meantime I copied the whole Project to another pc and it is running ok.
So it has to do something with that Folder.
Still no idea what that > Directory with <> prefix could mean.

Will inspect ones more that Directory, but there a thousands of files and directories in it.

g

Erik
JP
August 13, 2019 02:16PM
Erik,

I think the project is trying to create a file but it does not know the name correctly and hence replaces that with "> directory with <> prefix". So I think there is a file corrupted or has an erroneous name or something like that maybe ?
Erik Schwarz
Re: WD22 does not create an exe -> SOLVED
August 13, 2019 08:13PM
Hi,

finally I deleted all unused files in that temp directory (about 160000 occupying several Gcool smiley.
Now it's working again!
While compiling there was created a folder in that directory called 'WDAU_DOWNLOAD', maybe that's the miracle Directory.

Thanks for all hints.

G

Erik
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.