Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD22] Update HyperfileSQL from an email

Posted by ISO 
ISO
[WD22] Update HyperfileSQL from an email
August 08, 2019 11:10AM
Hello,

I am trying to figure out the best way to update a HyperfileSQL database by an email, this is the process.

Program automatically sends out weekly timesheets by way of email (attached as PDF), i want the recipient to click a hyperlink on the email either YES or NO to confirm the timesheet is correct.
I want the DB to be updated by this reply.

Any ideas the best way to do this?

Cheers

ISO
pao
Re: [WD22] Update HyperfileSQL from an email
August 08, 2019 12:09PM
The only way i can image this is to put something in the email that allow the recipient to reply to your email, like mailto:someone@yoursite.com?subject=UPDATE or mailto:someone@yoursite.com?subject=DONTUPDATE
Make one program that inspects the mailbox used for the reply and proceed acording the received emails.

If you have WebDev it will be a lot easier and a better solution in my opinion. Just send a link in the emails to one AWP page and create one button for accept and another for deny.

Regards

Paulo Oliveira
ISO
August 08, 2019 12:16PM
HI Paulo

Thanks for your reply, the email subject line was one that i was considering. But i have Webdev although havent really used it much, so i will try that suggestion thanks.
ISO
August 08, 2019 04:02PM
Paulo, wonder if you can help me im trying to create a REST Webservice to do this. But cant seem to get it to work. I have the following error message which i cant seem to find much about it:

Error:Inconsistency between the return of the entry point and the value returned by the associated WLanguage procedure. The entry point returns a response while the associated WLanguage procedure returns no value.
REST_TIMESHEET_GUARD, , line 1, column 1
pao
August 08, 2019 07:08PM
it looks like your procedure associated with the entry point don't end with RESULT

Regards

Paulo Oliveira
ISO
August 09, 2019 10:41AM
Hi Paulo

Sorted many thanks.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.