Advanced

[WD22] Htransaction error on file - Solved - I never use HTransaction

Posted by Al 
Al
[WD22] Htransaction error on file - Solved - I never use HTransaction
July 24, 2019 06:05PM
Hello

A client has reported receiving the following error:
. Record accessed by an unsuccessful transaction not canceled yet. Cancel the transaction before accessing record. Transaction will be canceled during the next call to HTransactionStart (or with HTransactionCancel).

The problem is that I have never ever used the Htransaction commands.
The file is HFClassic and I thought that Htransaction only worked on the Client Server files

I have restored a copy from a backup and in the backup server it is ok but as soon as I copy it to the main server, it shows the HTranasaction error. WDMap shows the error also when opening the file.

I presume that there is a transaction log file somewhere but I have no idea how it was created, what it might be called or where it might be.

Does anyone have any suggestions please.

Regards
Al

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2019 07:59AM by Al.
Re: [WD22] Htransaction error on file - I never use HTransaction
July 25, 2019 07:29AM
Hi Al,

at first I'd try to use WDTrans and "free" all transactions. If that doesn't help then save all known files (see analysis) from the directory then delete all remaining files and copy them back to the directory. The bad news is: any file with any file name can serve as a transaction file! Additionally you could write a small program which checks each and every .dat or .fic file for being a transaction file, e.g. IF MyFileName..TransactionFile THEN INFO("FILE "+MyFileName+" is atransaction file.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Al
Re: [WD22] Htransaction error on file - Solved - I never use HTransaction
July 25, 2019 08:01AM
Hello Guenter,

Thank you very much, the Free transactions option of WDTrans did the trick.
I didn't know it existed as I don't use transactions.

Regards
Al
Re: [WD22] Htransaction error on file - I never use HTransaction
July 25, 2019 11:12AM
Hi Al, that's fine!

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.