Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WM23 Mobile] Unable to add new field in database

Posted by RobertLeo 
[WM23 Mobile] Unable to add new field in database
July 24, 2019 10:04AM
Hello everyone, first time posting here for Windev, so I am currently facing a situation here with Windev 23 Mobile (Express). I successfully imported a database using excel into Windev converted into HFSQL, inside the analysis pane, it appears as a blue mark with an OLEDB label below it, I added a new field named Photo using Sound, Image, Binary format, but when I try to edit the DB using "Edit With WDMap" the new field I wrote didn't appear in it, after attempting to push the field upwards it finally appears but all of my data inside that DB disappears, does anyone know on why this happened and what should I do to make it work?
Re: [WM23 Mobile] Unable to add new field in database
July 26, 2019 08:06PM
Hi, you're talking about HFSQL and OLEDB mixed with WM. Should the data be on the device or on a server?

If they must be on the device I don't understand why you use OLEDB.

If they must be on a server with HFSQL you can't access with WDMAP, you must use your own HF server to update the data.

If you have correctly defined the HF server when you update the application analysis should automatically update the structure on the server.

Greetings

Ruben
July 29, 2019 05:22AM
Rubén Sánchez Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi, you're talking about HFSQL and OLEDB mixed
> with WM. Should the data be on the device or on a
> server?
>
> If they must be on the device I don't understand
> why you use OLEDB.
>
> If they must be on a server with HFSQL you can't
> access with WDMAP, you must use your own HF server
> to update the data.
>
> If you have correctly defined the HF server when
> you update the application analysis should
> automatically update the structure on the server.
>
> Greetings
>
> Ruben

Greetings Ruben,

Thank you for the reply, for now it should be on the device, and I am trying to use HFSQL for this imported excel DB, but for some reason it appears as OLEDB instead even though the option to convert to HFSQL was chosen instead, am I missing something?

Sincerely,

RobertLeo
July 29, 2019 12:30PM
Hi. It's weird. I have tried to add an OLEDB table to a WM project and the first thing it does is to warn me that only HFSQL and SQLlite are supported by WM.

How did you import the Excel file? Maybe the problem is there.

Ruben
July 29, 2019 04:52PM
Rubén Sánchez Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi. It's weird. I have tried to add an OLEDB table
> to a WM project and the first thing it does is to
> warn me that only HFSQL and SQLlite are supported
> by WM.
>
> How did you import the Excel file? Maybe the
> problem is there.
>
> Ruben

In the analysis field I chose the "Add new data" option, and was confronted with 3 options, create new DB, a 2nd option I forgot, and Upload existing DB, and I chose the 3rd option and used the excel 2007 option, upon choosing that I was asked whether I wanted to upload without converting (OLEDB ) or convert to HFSQL, if I pressed the former on this one it will appear as is, an OLEDB entity, but in this case I chose the latter, which should've been a HFSQL entity instead

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2019 04:26AM by RobertLeo.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.