Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Multi Zone control problems

Posted by YogiYang 
Multi Zone control problems
July 17, 2019 07:43AM
Hello,
I am trying to use Multi Zone control in which I have only one Line which is defined as being a repeated line.

I am adding Multi Zone line and populating the controls with data.

Till here every thing works properly and smoothly.

In the Multi Zone line I have placed an Image control. I want to allow a user to click on the Image control. On getting clicked it should open up a popup window showing the image at a large scale (size).

I am not able to understand as to how to code this as unlike Looper, MZ does not provide the instance on which user has clicked.

I cannot know as on which line of MZ the user has clicked. How to solve this problem?

TIA

--
Yogi Yang
Re: Multi Zone control problems
July 17, 2019 04:55PM
Hi. The MZ control return the line pushed on the code event "Selection (click) on line of MZ"

SWITCH MZ_Control

CASE 1 // Line 1

CASE 2 // Line 2

CASE 3 // Line 3

Rubén
July 19, 2019 03:01PM
Hello Rubén,

But in my case the rows are added in MZ dynamically I do not know in advance as to how many lines will be there...

TIA

--
Yogi Yang
July 20, 2019 07:16PM
Well, I think it's easier to use a Looper for that.

Rubén
July 22, 2019 02:27PM
Hello Rubén,

Rubén Sánchez Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, I think it's easier to use a Looper for
> that.
>

You are right I should use Looper but Looper does not support HTML control while MZ supports HTML control so I have to use MZ.

TIA

--
Yogi Yang
July 22, 2019 04:26PM
Hi. Are you sure the Looper doesn't support HTML control? What version of WM are you using?

Rubén
July 23, 2019 06:56AM
Hello Rubén,

Rubén Sánchez Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi. Are you sure the Looper doesn't support HTML
> control? What version of WM are you using?

I am using WM20.

I also confirmed with a developer using WM23.

The control just does not show up like other controls in the Looper's Description dialog box.

TIA

--
Yogi Yang
July 23, 2019 03:50PM
Hi. I just tested it on WM24 and it works correctly. The trick is to use an internal window for each line of the Looper. To the internal window you pass the values as parameters. Also the size of the HTML control adjusts to its content.

Rubén
July 24, 2019 07:03AM
Hello,

That is a good way. I will have to check that out.

Actually I have been avoiding IW as much as I can in WM.

TIA

--
Yogi Yang
July 24, 2019 07:17AM
You cannot use the internal windows in a Looper in WM20 or WM23. It is a new WM24 option.

Ruben
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.