Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WB 19]Report Writer

Posted by ericus 
[WB 19]Report Writer
July 03, 2019 12:04PM
Good day

How do you prevent empty Break Headers and footers of displaying in a report.?

For instance I have a report grouped by Customer Category, Customer and then list of invoices with Break footers with the totals per customer and customer category/

If there are no invoices then the group header still have the customer name. The group footer I can suppress if the total is zero but the header is printed before the group total is calculated.

Basically in the header you want to say if there are no detail records don't print the header.

Thanks in advance

Ericus Steyn
Re: [WB 19]Report Writer
July 03, 2019 06:22PM
Hi Ericus. I didn't try this but you can see it it's possible to use .visible property in report code. You can do this in the properties windows if I'm not wrong, so I guess it should work.

Regards.
July 04, 2019 08:03AM
Thanks Raul

The problem is not to make a sub-section visible or not. The problem is to determine if there are any records in the detail section BEFORE the header is printed so that you can suppress the header if there is no detail.

Regards

Ericus Steyn
July 04, 2019 01:41PM
Hi Ericus,

if you use a Query as report source, then customers without invoices are not init and therefore no break on "empty" customers

regards, Heinz
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.