Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD18] Crash

Posted by Michael Drechsel 
[WD18] Crash
July 02, 2019 11:21AM
Hi,

cause of some special reasons I have to use Windev 18 in a little project. It crashes under windows 10 multiple times every day. Is there anything I doesn´t know or something to adjust ?

regards Michael

regards Michael
Re: [WD18] Crash
July 02, 2019 02:13PM
Hi Michael. It happened to me too with v. 18.

In my case solution was rather easy because I just got rid of the culprit procedure. I had no time too see what's going wrong so I left it. In my case was a thread procedure. In you case I would issue dynamic audit (by the way... for me, dynamic audit never worked with a compiled exe, even when it should work when you set de .waudit file in the app directory. It works if you modify the code and recompile.)

Regards.
Al
July 02, 2019 06:53PM
Hello Michael

Have you patched your copy of V18 ?

See this message:

[www.wxforum.info]

Regards
Al
July 02, 2019 07:07PM
yes, if you mean the print issues.

But its happen most of the time when I try to open the report in Editor at design time.

regards Michael
July 02, 2019 08:57PM
Michael Drechsel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
>
> cause of some special reasons I have to use Windev
> 18 in a little project. It crashes under windows
> 10 multiple times every day. Is there anything I
> doesn´t know or something to adjust ?
>
> regards Michael

Sorry Michael. I just misunderstood the question. Forget my comment. Nothing to say about WD 18 IDE crash.
King
July 10, 2019 02:11PM
I guess it could be 32bit issue on w10-64 bit for w18 IDE.
Try to compile an wd18 into EXE (32 and 64-bit if there is) to see if it crash on w10-64bit or
run wd18 on other w10 w/s.

I am so sure it is a memory crash (page fault when allocating memory to a dead-zone but it is not).

ps works with wd19 on w10 but I dun hv v18 as I usually skip 1 version and purchase the latest.
wd24 works a charm on w10-64 bit (1903).
HTH

Cheers
King
July 11, 2019 10:46AM
Hi King,

the compiled exe works. Only the IDE crashs several times. Only deleting the *.cpl and *.env works. But not even. It´s a pain in the ass.
I must use it because its the last version where the idestination(htmlswithoutcss) generates outlook readable html files for reports in the email body. After v18 PC Soft has broken this :-(

regards Michael
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.