Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Login into Windev 21 application with domain password

Posted by Nick 
Hi,

I like to give users the oppertunity to login with the domain password.
How can i do that ?
Al
Re: Login into Windev 21 application with domain password
June 24, 2019 02:11PM
Hello Nick

The "NetworkUser" constant holds the name of the current Windows user so you could pass that through to your login process and they could enter their password.
For passthrough identification of the domain credentials, you would need to look into the LDAP options of the Windev user groupware through the Workshop option in the IDE or manually through code- look up LDAP in the help

Regards
Al
pao
Re: Login into Windev 21 application with domain password
June 24, 2019 04:48PM
If you want to validate the windows password just use the validatepassword function

If you use domain users just be careful someone can create one local user with the same name and try to baypasss your security. If you use domain users the domain server is one LDAP server just use the LDAP functions.

[doc.windev.com]

Regards

Paulo Oliveira

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2019 05:28PM by pao.
Hi,

Yep yep, one of my historical recurring requests over the last decade or so.
Allow ntlm/negotiate/kerberos authentication against AD out of the box.
Don't understand this still isn't there. In any corporate environment this is sooooooo standard.
You can create your own libraries to do the validation/authentication but this should simply be available out of the box for a so called 5GL in PCS own wordings...

Cheers,

Peter Holemans
Thanks for the reply's

IF ValidatePassword(EDT_PassWord,pwdWindows)
Info("OK.")
ELSE
Error("Wrong")
END
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.