Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WB23] How to run a video in the background

Posted by MichaelR 
MichaelR
[WB23] How to run a video in the background
June 21, 2019 06:53PM
Hello All:

I'm working on a web page (WB23) and I would like to have a video continuously running on the background, which shows customer's products.

I tried the Multimedia control, which supports .mov (quicktime), .wmv (windows) and .flv (flash). However, when I try to run those in Chrome browser, they don't run as the plug in is not installed. I would like to avoid the user to install plugins so I'm looking for something that runs as it is.
Actually, I tried the Webdev Multimedia control Unit example, and the videos don't run...(in Chrome)
I also tried .mp4 (supported in HTML5) , but autostart doesn't work...

I tried to run a video from youtube (via javascript code as it appears in the Web Responsive example), but I don't like the fact that the user can control the video (start, stop, fullscreen, etc), so I would like a video running automatically in the background without any user interaction.

What would be the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance
Michael
Re: [WB23] How to run a video in the background
June 21, 2019 07:40PM
Hi Michael,

I know at least Apple has a policy not to allow video or audio te be started without user interaction as it would involve data cost for the user without his consent.

Regards,
Piet
June 22, 2019 01:11PM
Hi Michael,

Piet's correct, but maybe you could try this technique?

[www.w3schools.com]

Regards,
Darren.
June 25, 2019 03:40PM
Do you want something like this on my website?

look at

[infosonline.net]

On this page I used the html code to insert the video

[fiziocentar.ba]

[infosonline.net]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2019 03:44PM by infos.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.