Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WB24] Application Server - 10 user to unlimited - How??

Posted by dmontaine 
[WB24] Application Server - 10 user to unlimited - How??
June 20, 2019 08:32PM
For the first time, I am going to need to upgrade a 10 user application server, running on Linux, to unlimited. I am ordering the upgrade software. But once I receive the license key I need to know wow is this done, and are there any problems I should be aware of? Thanks in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2019 10:19PM by dmontaine.
You have to install the new WAS software. It requires a key to download (sent via email from PCSoft). BTW its technically unlimited but is limited by resources, e.g. RAM.
Re: [WB24] Application Server - 10 user to unlimited - How??
June 21, 2019 02:24AM
So you just install it on top of the existing 10 user version and it replaces whatever is necessary?

I thought they were going to make a change where the user only had to enter a key in a currently running 10 user WAS for version 24, or was that only for the Windows version?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2019 02:25AM by dmontaine.
Re: [WB24] Application Server - 10 user to unlimited - It was easy!!
June 27, 2019 02:12PM
As noted above, the production application server installed over the 10 session version without a problem. I was shocked that it was so easy.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.