Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD22] Capture a picture on a phone in HTML5

Posted by Al 
Al
[WD22] Capture a picture on a phone in HTML5
June 20, 2019 06:28PM
Hello,

I use TSPlus to run a Windev 22 application on Amazon EC2 servers.
TSPlus have a web portal which offers a psuedo web page to phones and tablets using HTML5.
The user accesses the server via a browser and they think they are running a web page but they are running a Windev application via the browser.

My question is, if the user takes a photo on their phone how can they send the picture to the server via the browser interface ?
Has anyone done this ?
The phone will be Android as I have fully trained clients smiling smiley

Regards
Al
Re: [WD22] Capture a picture on a phone in HTML5
June 20, 2019 07:15PM
Hi Al, sounds tricky to me .. did you try to use a camera control in your WD-program? This would - very theoretically - result in an image on an image control. And you could store the image in HFSQL.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Al
June 21, 2019 12:50AM
Hello Guenter

Thanks for the idea, it may work. It could also be interesting to try it with V24 to see how the mix and match of all three WXproducts might work. Maybe the Winmobile Android camera control works in Windev or just write the software in WinMobile and access the server from a browser running in Android.

Its winter here so instead of hibernating, I have something interesting to keep me awake.

Regards
Al
April 28, 2020 05:20AM
HI

I am testing Windev locally on my on TSPLUS.

Were you able to find a solution and secondly, I am about to move onto an Amazon Cloud Platform and (slightly off topic) has this worked for you?
Regards
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.