Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WX24] Update 3 for English??

Posted by dmontaine 
[WX24] Update 3 for English??
June 14, 2019 06:15PM
Hello, A new version of WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV MOBILE 24 is available for download. This is the version "Update 3" (240075f)

Has anyone used the French update. Does it solve problems?

Is it going to, eventually, be made available to English users?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2019 06:16PM by dmontaine.
Re: [WX24] Update 3 for English??
June 14, 2019 09:05PM
The 75f is the French version in level one verification (previous version). In the FTP they have already created the 75h version folder, but do not have download files yet.

Greetings

Ruben
Al
June 15, 2019 04:32AM
Hello,

The update has been posted on the French site with the following message:

This update contains:

the WINDEV environment
Software factory, monitoring robot, remote debugging module (WDDebug) packages
the reserved server pack (Telemetry, Replication, Access to third-party databases).

The version Ref. 01F240075f has successfully passed the first level of validation by the Quality Department. This version has not yet passed the second level of validation by the Quality Department. We therefore advise you not to distribute an application developed with this version. This version is provided for testing purposes, and for your teams to advance developments that will be deployed later.
Understand the technical validation levels of a release

/////////////
There is a list of what has changed but it is not text so Google cannot translate

I am happy to wait for our French compatriots to iron out any remaing issues and receive a debugged version of the upgrade.

Regards
Al
June 15, 2019 07:10AM
Hi Al, thank you!

There's no word about the latest funnies in the Windows Editor, I'm still hoping they included a fix for the edit controls in numeric format!

The update *seems* to deal with SCM mainly and fixes some urgent malfunctions of the dockable panes.

If somebody would ask me, which certainly will not be the case, then I'd recommend to make the *dream* of being "multi-platform" true. Even for WINDEV between Windows, Linux and Java there are myriads of things which prevent us to simply recompile a Windows App and receive a working Linux or Java app. There are many incompatible and partially unfinished items like Print Preview, Notes, Groupware, Internal Windows ..

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.