Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD24 Upgrade project and dates

Posted by cabinetman 
WD24 Upgrade project and dates
June 12, 2019 09:58PM
Hello All,

I have noticed an on going issue with a project that I update from version 19 to 23 to 24. The returned value of the date fields are randomly changing from save as: YYYYMMDD to as is.

When I edit a table control something like resize the column then test it the date is screwed up it will change to as is. After I fix it it does not do it again.

Has anyone seen this issue.

DW
Re: WD24 Upgrade project and dates
June 13, 2019 06:36AM
Hello DW,

This is some kind of bug of WD24. The same happens to me whene I transfer a project from V23 to V24.
In this case I have to "twake" the display mask and then return value of each field in the Project (even with Table columns of this type) manually!!
Aften this everything is OK!

Regards

Vassilis
June 13, 2019 07:11AM
Hi, yes, metoo spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

one program had 100 to 200 places of date display / date input to change. I wouldn't have known what else to do with all my free time.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
June 13, 2019 07:28AM
This issue concerns only the Windev. In Webdev the date fields remain unchanged!

Regards

Vassilis
Re: WD24 Upgrade project and numeric input
June 13, 2019 08:35AM
Hi,

moving projects from v23 to v24 impacts the edit control with numeric input format too!!!

1 - all edit control with input mask 9,99 has been forcefully changed to "high-precision numeric". In an example case the format has been +9,99 - it changed input to high-precision numeric but does not check the check box, it says it has one digit and two decimal places, which is correct, however, the test value 123 is completely fQx$% up and shows a +in the input field and 123 as a result.

2 - there is no way for using 4-byte reals for output, it automatically changes to high-precision numeric format !!

3- the window editor shows a simple + in the input area

4 - on runtime it is correctly shown as 0,00

5 - since the output is now high-precision numeric and the calculations inside the program are mainly made in 4-byte and 8-byte reals, the compiler will convert values to what numeric type??

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2019 09:02AM by gpredl.
Al
June 13, 2019 09:11AM
Hello

I haven't updated my projects in V24 yet but tests show the date mask has changed from DD/MM/YYYY to JJ/MM/AAAA
It displays the dates ok but the mask is certainly odd.
The returned value has been altered from "YYYYMMDD" to a blank. I haven't checked if that changes anything.

PCSoft must have bored programmers - they keep fiddling with things for no apparent reason.

I skipped V23, maybe I will skip V24 as well.

Regards
Al
June 13, 2019 09:30AM
Hi Al,

Tables are affected too!!

Original mask in a v23 table was 999999999 in order to show an invoice number which can be 9 digits long. They changed it without asking to 9,999,999,999 which displays some funny invoice numbers now.

We still did not look into how these forced conversions affect calculation results. That's still unknown territory ..

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
June 13, 2019 09:44AM
Hi Guenter,

It's very strange: in my large project, only date fields are affected.
In numeric fields, the display and the return values are kept as was in V23.
In currency fields the same with numeric.
What version you use (32 or 64bit)?
I use 64bit.

Regards

Vassilis

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2019 09:46AM by Vassilis.
Ola
June 21, 2019 05:12PM
I have had similar "upgrade" problems with numeric and currency fields with some previous versions. Very frustrating. They caused enormous amounts of extra work to get fixed and made me very cautious with new upgrades.

If this happens again with version 24, as it so seems, I am so happy that I have decided to skip over it.

Just search shooting: check whether the global project settings for numeric fields have changed.

Best regards
Ola
June 21, 2019 05:46PM
Hi Ola,

no, all project settings are the same as before! However, small numeric values are mistreated right now. Tech Support says they cannot reproduce the problem while it's very simple to show. A window with a single edit control and the mask +9,99 - that's all.

a - in the Window Editor it shows a single plus in the edit control's input area.
b - it insists to be high-precision numeric with correct
c - at runtime it *seems* to be correct but no konws what the real output is.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Attachments:
open | download - Ashampoo_Snap_2019.06.19_17h40m34s_001_.png (102.5 KB)
Al
June 21, 2019 07:53PM
Hello

V23 doesn't exhibit the problem and I have tried V24 as 32 & 64 bit with the same errors

Does anyone know if this has shown up as a concern in the French forums ?

Regards
Al
June 21, 2019 09:57PM
Hi Al,

Tech Support told me today that they tried it with the latest English version of v24 and couldn't reproduce the problem!!! They are sure that the problem has something to do with our regional settings! Such a simple thing!

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
June 22, 2019 07:19AM
Hi Al,

I'm testing the French versions now. One by one. The first French v24 release from 2018 - 42h - does not show the problem. I trust in Tech Support - they say that the French version is not showing the problem at all. However, I doubt that they tested it using any English v24 release.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2019 07:31AM by gpredl.
Al
June 22, 2019 09:16AM
Hello Guenter

The regional settings argument doesn't fly.
I set up multiple languages in my project and had the same error.
I converted my entire app to French and had the same error.

Could some of the answer be resolved by working out which language would produce the mask "JJ/MM/AAAA" that apears in my project. It is only the fields from previous projects that are incorrect , new fields show the correct masks.

The other point that PCSoft tech support probably can't reproduce is the fact that our projects are probably years old and have all sorts of junk in the databases from multiple previous versions.

Regards
Al
June 22, 2019 11:24AM
Hi all,
have you tried to export [from your previous versions] and then Re-import in v24?
_and_ do a "Fix/Upgrade" of the project

Regards
Steven Sitas
Al
June 23, 2019 07:39AM
Hello Steven

Sounded like a good idea at the time.

I exported a V22 project and then started the import in V24.
Five + hours later it is still going and the cpl folder is up the the letter "J"

I will let you know about your idea when/if it finishes the import. smiling smiley

Regards
Al
June 23, 2019 01:04PM
HI Al,

That's obviously French (Jour, Mois, Annéé)

Regards,
Piet
Al
June 23, 2019 08:48PM
Hello

I thought that Steven's suggestion to try an export and then import was worth experimienting with, indeed it was a process that I didn't know existed

It was a complete disaster, so that is one option I will never try again.

First it took nearly 14 hours to import the project.
The imported project had missing parts and showed 7,000 + errors
Most windows that I opened and tried to edit caused WIndev 24 to lock up

After all that, it didn't solve the mask issue

Regards
Al
Al
June 23, 2019 08:52PM
Hello Piet

Thanks for the language reference.
I had no idea as I am not exposed to multiple languages like probably the majority of the other forum members.

Regards
Al
June 24, 2019 08:49AM
Hi Al,

It shouldn't take that much - 14 hours - I haven't seen this one!!!
We distribute the alpha360 projects - with Export/Import - and it never takes more than 1 or 2 minutes.

Make sure you DO NOT export the .cpl directory and DO export the template directory of your app.
As for the errors - if they don't come from templates, graphics missing etc - you may have a greater problem than the date issue ...

Regards
Steven Sitas
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.