Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WX24] Pros and cons of installing 64 bit?

Posted by DarrenF 
[WX24] Pros and cons of installing 64 bit?
May 28, 2019 10:24PM
Hi guys,

I've always installed the 32 bit versions, but I'm looking to install WX24, and was wondering if there are any issues with functionality by installing the 64 bit versions as there seems to have been in the past?

Regards,
Darren.
Re: [WX24] Pros and cons of installing 64 bit?
May 29, 2019 12:43AM
Hi Darren,
I also have always used the 32bit versions. I installed the 64 bit version of the WX24 tools thinking that I wanted to take advantage of the multi platform editing and project sharing. After compiling a current project with the 64bit version, I noticed that on a remote client install that there were some issues printing reports that would crash the executable. I quickly reverted back to the 32bit versions. No more print issues? I believe that the 32bit version still has more features? I wish that PCS would produce a list the different capabilities between the different versions.

Regards,
JimC
May 29, 2019 01:06AM
Hi Jim,

Many thanks for taking the time to respond - 32 bit version it is then!

Likewise, and I wish PCS were more "transparent" about a lot of things they have under their control.

Regards,
Darren.
Peter Holemans
May 29, 2019 09:08AM
It is explained here and the advice is to install the 64 bit versions. Only some deprecated features may still be available in 32 bit only it seems.

https://doc.windev.com/en-US/?2036004&name=Installation_produit_64_bits

Cheers,

Peter H.
May 29, 2019 10:57AM
Thanks Peter.

Yes, I read that and it prompted my forum post; it's almost like I don't believe it's that simple winking smiley

What I'm looking for are people's "real world" issues, and not so much the shiney Official "here's what you should do - good luck!" kind of write-up.

Regards,
Darren.
Most common problem is when your app need MS Office (like outlook) .

if MS office is 32 bit then your app must be 32 bit .
64 bit app cannot work with 32 bit MS Office
May 29, 2019 06:21PM
Hi,

you can use 32-bit WINDEV to make a 64-bit .exe file, no problem. I have two "configurations" for each program I make - a 32-bit one and a 64-bit one. Since I'm using RAD11 all the time I did install 32-bit WINDEVs only on my PC, most time of the year I don't care for the 64-bit version.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.