Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Linking Programs Together [WD22]

Posted by ISO 
ISO
Linking Programs Together [WD22]
May 14, 2019 11:03AM
Hi,

I created a program for a client which has grown and grown and i have decided to restructure it.

I have split the program into 3 but my question is whats the best way to open 1 program from another. I ve just been writing to a text file (username job number etc) then using shellexecute to open the other program and then it reads the textfile and positions it self accordingly.
I feel there must be a better way of doing this as it seems a little messy to me.

thanks

ISO
pao
Re: Linking Programs Together [WD22]
May 14, 2019 11:29AM
Our app have several modules and each module in one windev project.The analysis is the same for all the projects.
Instead of using several exe files we use the LOADWDL function in the main project depending on several parameters.
After the LOADWDL we can use all the elements of that project.

This was the easiest way we find out to have a modular app.

Regards

Paulo Oliveira
ISO
May 14, 2019 11:47AM
Thanks Paulo, i ll look into LOADWDL as your setup sounds exactly what im trying to achieve.
pao
May 14, 2019 11:58AM
To use the LOADWDL you must be sure that the elements of each project have different names.
The testing in debug is a little bit more difficult. You have to debug every element in it's own project.

Regards

Paulo Oliveira
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.