Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD22] and [WB22] - Reports - Issue with WebDev

Posted by DerekM 
[WD22] and [WB22] - Reports - Issue with WebDev
May 13, 2019 12:24PM
Unexpected behaviour with Reports in WebDev22

I know many of you have moved on from WB22 - but I'm still here for a while.

Anyway - I have this huge complex application that mostly mirrors functionality in WebDev from WinDev.

I had to add some new functionality - but this time for WebDev only. When I came to build some reports for this - I had great difficulty getting reports developed in WebDev to work. Most of my reports were build in WinDev then just copied over to WebDev.

This time - trying to create new reports - or modify exiting reports using Reports in WebDev just does not seem to work.

Note - these are quite complex reports - using a single Query join on a dozen or more HFSQL files.

Now I have switched to WinDev - and so far - the "issues" seem to be resolved (the "issues" are difficult to relate - but it seems that data is not getting bound to the report).

From this (admittedly rather vague) description - has anyone encountered a similar situation - i.e. problems with Reports in WebDev.

It seems that I can more on simply by creating the reports in Windev rather than Webdev -but I would love to hear any opinions as to what the core issue might be.

Best Regards,

Derek M
Al
Re: [WD22] and [WB22] - Reports - Issue with WebDev
May 13, 2019 01:27PM
Hello Derek

As far as the solution NFI, but...
If you don't get a solution from anyone and you are correct and it is a databind problem. A quick workaround option could be to create a memory table with exactly the same field names that are returned by the query and then base the report on the memory table. It should just pick up the names from the table without any other work involved.

I run most of my reports from memory tables. These are not WIndev "Table" reports which can become quite crazy, they are a report with "The printed data comes from - TableControl and the "Control" is the name of the table as Window.TableName

Regards
Al
Re: [WD22] and [WB22] - Reports - Issue with WebDev
May 13, 2019 05:23PM
Hi Derek,

Did you try running the query in testmode and did it return a result as expected?
I have never had any problems building or modifying reports in WB22.
If you have an internal query for the report I suggest you save and use it as a standalone query and bind that query to the report.

Regards,
Piet
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.