Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD24] - Creating a PDF file

Posted by JP 
JP
[WD24] - Creating a PDF file
May 10, 2019 10:08AM
Hi All

I want to create a PDF file which will contain some text, some tables, some pie charts, etc. in some layout of my design. What would be the best way to create such a PDF file?

Thanks!
Re: [WD24] - Creating a PDF file
May 10, 2019 12:01PM
Hi JP,

create a report and print them as pdf.

regards Michael
JP
May 12, 2019 06:58PM
Michael

Thanks, have started on this - looks very good.

Cheers!
JP
May 12, 2019 07:10PM
Michael and All,

I have a question; the report I want to create will contain a fixed number of pages, say 3. Each page will have different content, a few charts, a table, some text. I would like each page to have its own header and footer but, obviously, each page has a different body. I cannot see how to do that? Any suggestions?

TIA
May 12, 2019 09:23PM
Hi JP,

Nested Reports are your friend:

[doc.pcsoft.fr]

regards Michael
JP
May 13, 2019 07:57AM
Thanks Michael, will look at that.

Also, I guess one could create several different reports, print each to its own PDF file, and then use PDFMerge() to combine the individual report PDF files into a final PDF file?

[UPDATE] - Sequencing reports is even better smiling smiley

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2019 08:41AM by JP.
May 14, 2019 08:37AM
How can we use fildisplay to create a pdf. PC Soft rep says to use filedisplay to create webdev php pdf reports ? Anyone ever done this Thanks
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.