Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD24 open custom folder very slow

Posted by ccc2 
ccc2
WD24 open custom folder very slow
May 06, 2019 04:21AM
Hi ,
my WD24 very slow when open custom folder . every time double click on a customer in project graph , my mouse show busy circle for 15 second . when I click previous button , my mouse show busy circle for 15 second.
I have alot custom folder which I use to group windows, report and query .

I don't have this waiting time when I open windows, report and query.

is there an option to speed it up . it really starting irritating , when coding .

I have 512 (windows, report and query) , if I don't group them in custom folder, it will be difficult to find stuff .

15 second in, 15 second out . this staring drive me crazy .

I don't have such problem on previous version of WD
Al
Re: WD24 open custom folder very slow
May 06, 2019 04:42AM
Hello ccc2,

Not sure why it is slow unless you have reached some critical size but I have never used the Project Graph or the Configuration window.
I use the Project Explorer as it breaks project items into their basic groups - Windows, Reports, Queries etc.
Within each of those groups, I setup specific custom folders to sub group everything - in my case alphabetically so I have custom folders simply labeled from A to Z.
You could try the Project Explorer pane as an alternative.

Regards
Al
ccc2
May 06, 2019 11:55AM
Hi AI

I don't think that the cause, I don't have this problem before. only now on WD24 , I have this issues.
There are also custom folder issue on WM24 . when I double click to open a folder, it kick me back to Project Page and the Project Graph is close .
Al
May 06, 2019 02:48PM
Hello ccc2,

My view is that there will always be issues of one sort or another with the development environment and if I can't find a quick solution, I work around it so that my work continues and then come back later on.

For example, my V22 Windev often crashes if I allow the regeneration of the analysis to perform the inbuilt task of also modifying the file structures in my test data. My process now is to just regenerate without modifying the data, close Windev, run WDModfic manually over my test data and then restart WIndev and continue working. Yes it's an annoyance but it keeps me working.

In your case my solution is to forget about using the graph display of the project and use the Dashboard display instead. I always just shrink the Dashboard display as the first thing I do when opening a project and I use the Project Explorer pane to manage the windows, reports, queries etc. It works very well as the Analysis Pane docks itself into the Project Explorer.

On a project with over 2,000 windows & reports and nearly a million lines of code, this approach works perfectly for me and may work for you while you look for a solution to the issue with the graph display.

Regards
Al
ccc2
May 06, 2019 03:29PM
Hi AI,

Thanks for the suggestion . it's what I doing . a bit difficult since I used to project graph .

I know problem with project graph since pre release of WD24 and WM24 . I report to PCS. I assume they will fixed it in final version. I continue my program development on pre release version . when final version release and problem not solved, I shock . I can't go back to previous version because too many changes I did on my program.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.