Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WB24 Flash control won't display? OK now Multimedia?

Posted by JCarson 
WB24 Flash control won't display? OK now Multimedia?
May 02, 2019 07:21PM
Has anyone gotten a flash (.swf) control to display?

I have a demo tool that records screenshots from a project. It creates a flash file. I can drop a Flash control on a page and assign a file to it, but I can't get it to display. Either custom SWF files and catalog files don't show?

I use this in WD. It has to be displayed in a HTML control to work there.

Any tricks would be appreciated. This is a STATIC site which supposed to display this type of file. (trying to broadcast abili

Just sent support request to PCSoft.......

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2019 06:11PM by JCarson.
Re: WB24 Flash control won't display?
May 03, 2019 08:37AM
Hi,

Flash is not supported by most modern browsers anymore.
You can still install a plugin to display Flash content, but Flash has become obsolete, Adobe will stop support in 2020.
It probably works in a html control because Windev uses an old IE version for that.

Regards,
Piet
May 03, 2019 05:49PM
Thanks Piet.

So I can convert my Flash file to a MP4 format. I seem to NOW be having an issue with the Multimedia control. The file path (Source of video) in the description is not saved and therefore will not play? Come on french friends, wtf. Might as well take the option for Flash control off the board since it does't work and the animated items in the catalog might or might not work. MAKE the Multimedia control work or the tool sucks if you can't even display a file.

IF, it can't save the path, it don't work smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2019 04:46AM by JCarson.
May 04, 2019 03:44PM
Hi,

Did you notice that if the file path is not an url, you need to locate the video in the _WEB directory?

Regards,
Piet
Re: WB24 Flash control won't display? OK now Multimedia?
May 04, 2019 05:17PM
I have done that. In fact when you search the file the ide asks if you want copy the file to the _WEB folder.

When I select a file for the multimedia control the name shows in the description field. The file path (Source of video) in the description is not saved when I save and close the description of the control and therefore will not play? Open it back up and no path is saved.

I have received a couple words from PCSoft, AND I have asked them to fix this problem. IT WORKED FINE IN V23

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2019 04:12PM by JCarson.
Attachments:
open | download - PCSMM.JPG (35.3 KB)
Re: WB24 Flash control won't display? OK now Multimedia?
June 13, 2019 03:15PM
From PCSoft Support

"Hi Jim,
Yes the problem is fixed in the french version and will be in the next english release.
Sorry again for not being able to help you more quickly.
The Free Technical Support is entirely at your service.

PC SOFT Patrick PHILIPOT
Free Technical Support "

My question is.....There is available an update as of June 7 on the French site. Does the French version run in English? Or best to wait for the English update?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.