Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Annotations in PDF

Posted by Michael Drechsel 
Annotations in PDF
April 30, 2019 07:42AM
Hi,

I´m still searching for a solution to annotate pdf files. I try several activex (Trackers pdfxchange Editor and Foxit) but it ends in a dead end because some functions not working in windev.

BTW, have anybody experience with foxit activex ?

My next idea:

All I need is in the annotation tool of the print preview.
Can I do it with code or can I customize the print preview window ? Can I save the annotation beside the underlaying pdf ? Has anybody does this before ?

regards Michael
Re: Annotations in PDF
April 30, 2019 10:36AM
Hi Michael,

have the annotations to be on certain / defined places on the document?

a) A PDF can be shown in an image control.
There are the d-functions to e.g. write on the .PDF.
Unfortunately, the result is an image and not a PDF anymore.

b) The logical way would be to export the document into Word / RTF Text, then add the annotations and after that re-export the document into PDF format. However, is the user allowed to change the document's content this way?

c) automate Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to add Annotations. Means, if the user wants to read/annotate the PDF then call Acrobat Reader (free) and let her/him annotate and save the document.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
April 30, 2019 11:43AM
Hi Guenter,

its not so easy. The annotations must be in a user related color, with a user related ID and so on. And the user should be only have a couple of buttons to do that. The result must be saved in an database and later recall many different user related annotations to put them together. In german we call it "Planprüfung".

regards Michael
April 30, 2019 01:05PM
Hi,

isn't the PDF-document istself the "database" for storing the annotations? Or are there several PDF-Documents forming the plan to be commented?? If so:

maybe, it's easier to show the document with its version number in a PDF-viewer on the left of the window and open a simple multiline edit control together with user name etc. on the right? The document could be stored in the database together with the comments in a related file.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
April 30, 2019 02:09PM
Yes, but the user must redlining the place in the drawing and write text like "this wall is too small" and so on.

regards Michael
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.