Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD] Le fichier exécutable n'est pas valide

Posted by RAUL 
[WD] Le fichier exécutable n'est pas valide
April 24, 2019 09:08PM
Hi everybody.

This message arise when the user tries to execute a WD app from a shared folder, in all Win 10 workstations:

"Le fichier exécutable n'est pas valide.
Les informations sur les Bibliothèques externes sont erronées.
Invalid program file.
Bad information on external libraries."

I've searched also the web and found this: [[url=https://forum.pcsoft.fr/fr-FR/pcsoft.fr.windev.old/21337-fichier-executable-est-pas-valide/read.awp]https://forum.pcsoft.fr/fr-FR/pcsoft.fr.windev.old/21337-fichier-executable-est-pas-valide/read.awp[/url]] and tried the shourtcut suggested there, but didn't work. Nevertheless, if I copy the exe and the libraries locally, it works.

(Ping Fabrice H: the Fabrice in that post is it you?)

Context:
* An old system in WD 14 that worked great for many years.
* It is hosted in a Win 7 shared directory with proper permissions. The DB is HF Classic.
* The problem occures only in Win 10 workstations. There's also Win 7 workstations but they go just fine.
* I've seen other thread here with a problem with shared folder, suggesting to check out 4 Win services and they are running ok.
* The exes aren't signed.

Another thing I've tried is to copy the framework in a local directory and add it to the PATH environment variable, but it doesn't work.

Any ideas? The shared folder thing used to work great!!! I really don't want to have the binaries in every workstation.
TIA
pao
Re: [WD] Le fichier exécutable n'est pas valide
April 26, 2019 10:29AM
Hi Raul,

This was a WIN10 problem. One of the MICROSOFT updates introduced this problem, MICROSOFT already solved it (2018-06).
Just update the WIN10 PCs to the latest version, install the patch described in this post or use a local copy of the app:
[www.wxforum.info]

Regards

Paulo Oliveira

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2019 06:03PM by pao.
April 28, 2019 03:40AM
Thank you Paulo for your reply.
The services are ok but there's still a chance with the patch. I have to try that.
Best regards.
Mohamed
January 16, 2024 05:29PM
J'arrive pas installer un logiciel sur mon ordinateur win 10 .
On m'affiche ce message
"Le fichier exécutable n'est pas valide.
Les informations sur les Bibliothèques externes sont erronées.
Invalid program file.
Bad information on external bibliothèques."

Translation:
I can't install software on my win 10 computer.
I get this message
"The executable file is invalid.
External library information is incorrect.
Invalid program file.
Bad information on external bibliothèques."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2024 07:31AM by gpredl.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.