Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

v24 - WD, WB and WM in the same environment ???

Posted by DerekT 
v24 - WD, WB and WM in the same environment ???
April 23, 2019 06:59PM
In the 'New features of WinDev' help: See Also...
•WINDEV 24, Brochure of new features: Common new features: the above is described together with an image showing the choices I should expect.

I have the latest release of WD, WB and WM installed and all dongles, updated to v24, attached and active on my machine.
However if in WinDev I select create a new project the options I get do not include the options for 'Site, Android, iOS' etc.
Same applies if I opt to create a new configuration.

The help indicates that this should automatically be available in both cases so my question is therefore is there a 'secret' option I need to select or a specific way of installing the 3 IDE's to enable this functionality.

Is anyone with all 3 IDE's actually seeing these additional choices.
Re: v24 - WD, WB and WM in the same environment ???
April 23, 2019 08:25PM
Hi Derek,
here is what I did and it works.

When installing each product:
1. Select to install the 64bit version(s)
2. After that you get a screen with a prompt to select something like (windev /and include say WEB/Mobile in Windev)
I select both of them. ( I don't remember the exact prompts, but you will see them in your installs)

You probably didn't see the above because you installed the 32bit version ...

Regards
Steven Sitas
April 24, 2019 10:21AM
Hi Steven
Thanks for the info, 64bit is no doubt my problem.
Unfortunately my 3 dongles are 32bit only, all have stickers referring to version 9 which I guess is when the change to USB dongles occurred.
Obviously I have been around for too long.

PCS charge, I believe, 59 euro (inc postage) per dongle for exchange to the later 32/64bit version.
Adding to that my cost to return the old items then this becomes quite expensive just to get functionality that I would seldom use.
I will need to give it some consideration.
April 25, 2019 12:00PM
Confirmed by PCS Tech Support

Only operational if all dongles are 64bit.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.