Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Webdev hosting

Posted by Peter Muckle 
Webdev hosting
April 23, 2019 01:49PM
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a low cost webdev/HFSQL hosting company that operates in English? I am on version 22 and cannot use PC Soft test hosting. Looking for a cheaper alternative to PCSCloud for testing and demos.

Thanks

Pete
Re: Webdev hosting
April 23, 2019 02:11PM
Hi Peter,

It all depends on what you class as "low cost"?

Oxford Support Systems here in the UK provide hosting for 69 euros or 99 euros per month. On the face of it, that probably seems expensive, but the 99 euros one includes the WebDev Application Server which you would normally be an additional expense if you were to do the hosting yourself.

Regards,
Darren.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2019 02:13PM by DarrenF.
April 23, 2019 02:32PM
Hi Darren,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I was looking for something cheaper than PC soft Bronze account, which is 31 Euros per month, for testing and demonstrations, so I'd call low cost around 20 Euros per month.

Cheers

Peter
April 23, 2019 02:58PM
Someone else may be able to help, but didn't PCSoft used to provide free "test" hosting?

Regards,
Darren.
April 23, 2019 04:19PM
I've never used it, but this is from the current PCSoft website:
[www.windev.com]

Regards,
Darren.
April 23, 2019 05:15PM
I use a Vultr VPS 2 CPU 4GB Memory 3 TB transfer 80 GB SSD - it costs $20 US per month. They will run user supplied images, so I installed from the Turnkey Linux Core iso image.. The script I uploaded here last year handles installation of the WebDev 24 server and HFSQL C/S database. The current v24 version seems to handle deployment and serving websites without any problems and is very fast.

It is not turnkey, but support is in English and the installation is stable and fast.
April 24, 2019 08:58AM
Greeting

There are plenty of expensive hosts for the HF C / S base!

I use host linux for 40 EUR per annum. I use WebDev (php) MySql database. Below is a link to my site.

[infosonline.net]
April 24, 2019 06:44PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm trying to get the free pc soft test account working and will go with that.

I want to use HFSQL because I think it will be easier for developing and maintaining applications that combine, desktop and web.

Thanks again

Peter
allardus
April 29, 2019 12:50AM
I use strato . www.strato.nl ( in holland. But they are in Germany

9 euro per month for a vps ( with windows installed ) 200GB space and unlimited data. 2 cores and 2 gig internal mem.
This is cheap but very fast. and Lots of space. You can run several apps and the SCM as well with no problems what so ever. I do and it is fast

You can run hypefile but you need to buy the application server. If you are serious and want to really run something. ( 10 user is no option )
This way you can run web apps and mobile apps and desktop ussing the same db with or without webservices.

PC soft hosting
You do not need to buy the application server this is 300 euro ( I believe ) and then every year 150 to upgrade. They give you that for free when hosting with them . If you don not need full control witch a vps gives you then that might not be sutch a bad deal.

Ussing php modus
Version 24 does have charts. Indeed finally all of the charts and that is very cool. However it doesnot have barcode / dashboard control and no treeview. And A lot less functions. But for a mall project it can do ( it does support responsive sites as well and the frame work they use is very fast. I tested it on a 0,50 euro cent webhosting account and it was very fast. ( using mysql as db witch can be used by windev apps as well). Butin my opinion for a production app where you have to be able to properly debug etc . I would not use the php modus. It is just to limited for me .
King
May 01, 2019 04:29AM
Hi

I found this link:

[www.windev-us.com] and scroll to bottom, you should see

"WXHosting
WebDev Site Hosting (per month) 1 Site + 1 HF database, up to 50 concurrent users, and 2 gig of storage.
$30"

HTH

Cheers

King
April 03, 2020 03:15PM
Hi.
Looking for info about WAS I've found this old thread, so I'm using it because this is a related question.

I'm a newbe to WB. Some years ago I've found, here in this forum, very useful info about WB (related to what kind of projects are better suited for WB or WD, PHP web apps, and so on) but I couldn't find it again. In those years, no need for WB yet. That forum info might be lost? Perhaps the search has changed? I'd really like to find that info again...

About my actual question: when you open de WB Administrator there's a section called Maximum number of connections > Maximum for the server = 10". The maximum value possible for this textbox is actually 50. If I'm not wrong, this is the 10 connection "WAS".

The max value of 50 means 50 users?
This dev WAS version can be used in production for small projects?

TIA.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.