Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WB24] - Chart periods

Posted by JP 
JP
[WB24] - Chart periods
April 20, 2019 10:00PM
Hi All

I have a charting problem on a WebDev 23 and 24 dynamic site. The page contains a line chart. I want to allow the user to either draw 100 points or 500 points using a radio button. If I set this radio button to Ajax mode (which I want so that only the chart will be refreshed) then the following occurs

1) Initially the chart has 100 points
2) user then changes to 500 points

The chart only draws the first 100 points even though the code has retrieved the 500 points required and even changed the chart to allow for 500 points to be drawn. But the chart draws only the first 100 points i.e. the equivalent of 20% of the chart width (which is 100 points). The line stops after drawing 20% of the horizontal width (i.e. after drawing 100 points).

I use grDeleteAll() and grDeleteSeries() before creating the chart data and adding any data to it. I have also looked at grOrigin but nothing seems to fix it. Is there something I need to do to clear the chart of any "memory" it has about the number of points in the data set?

Thanks
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.