Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WinDev - change Edit Control Detail via code

Posted by PatrickK 
WinDev - change Edit Control Detail via code
April 11, 2019 08:19AM
Hi,

some of our tool users do not like the "Edit Control" -> "Automatic End of input" option which we use for entering numeric data.
So we would like to implement a setting to deactivate this.
My idea was to set this Setting via Code, but I can't find any "Edit Control" Property to set "Automatic End of input" to TRUE/FALSE ?!

Does anyone has an idea how this property is called in WinDEV? Or an alternate solution?

Regards
Patrick
Re: WinDev - change Edit Control Detail via code
April 11, 2019 10:37AM
Hi Patrick,

imho, there's no property for "Automatic End of Input" and no way to switch it directly. Maybe, there is an event appearing whenever the "Auto End of Input" takes place and you could move focus back to that edit control?

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Al
April 11, 2019 11:56AM
Hello Patrick,

If there are a number of those edit controls in a window you could create a duplicate set of edit controls without the "Automatic End of Input" and place them on another plane and then switch to that plane. I think this is the simplest.

If there are only a couple of fields then still create duplicate fields but put each set of fields into a different group and turn the groups visible or not. In this case the extra fields could sit on top of the current ones or you could park them off to the side and move them in.

Regards
Al
April 11, 2019 01:26PM
Hi Patrick,

Or just remove the end of input option and do your own eoi routine in the "whenever modifying" code section:
PROCEDURE Check_EOI()
IF bEndOfInputEnabled=False THEN RETURN
IF Myself..Length>=gnDefinedInputLength THEN
   //Do whatever you need to do on end of input
END
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.