Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WX24 Brochure is out

Posted by cabinetman 
WX24 Brochure is out
March 14, 2019 11:11PM
WX24 Brochure is out

[www.pcsoft-windev-webdev.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2019 11:31PM by cabinetman.
Re: WX24 Brochure is out
March 15, 2019 11:27AM
Hi, yes!

- some new controls (dockable panes, token control, clickable switch control, image gallery control, image editor control)
- extensions to the WP-control (password protection, multi-column text ...)
- extensions to the Spreadsheet control
- the new Pyramid Chart
- a new real-time display Chart which shows a permanent data flow
- full integration of WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile into a single development envoronment (IDE)
- no separate projects, just different configurations
- "Webification" of WINDEV projects made easier
- A WINDEV to WEBDEV conversion wizard
- A one-click window to page conversion
- More WLanguage fuctions shared between WEBDEV and WINDEV
- Open() and Close() in WEBDEV
- Help system for splitting GUI from Business logic
- Procedures can be "GUI" or "Business Logic"
- A project image gallery shows used images in a project
- Examples are in the Cloud and constantly updated
- Enhanced online Help
- Editing in the Data Model Editor has been smoothed
- Enhanced Program Documentation Printout!
- Compact Setup accepts command line + parameters

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Al
March 18, 2019 07:01AM
Hello Cabinetman

I must be getting old. There is nothing in the new release that I need and it was the same for V23.
I have never gotten around to re-compiling any of my projects from V22 to V23.
I think part of it is that based on past experience, I just don't expect many of the shiny new gizmos to work as advertised until the next couple of releases so what is the point in getting excited about them ?
It looks like V24 will just be an exercise in updating to stay current.

By the way, I defy anyone to make sense of the information on the top segment of page 17/92 of the simple brochure, not to mention the strange coding in the "Existing Code" panel

I am resisting making any comment regarding the equal opportunity inclusion of a single muscleman picture.

Regards
Al
March 18, 2019 08:37AM
Hi Al,

the key to using the same code for a dynamic web site as that of a WD desktop application is to split code from GUI. Whether this would help in regards of speed and conversion time, I don't know. I did not and will not put this function ever to a test in real life but maybe, it could be of some help for those poor guys who have to convert a huge WD legacy application into a web site. We have customers with analysises containing 1600 to 2000 files and running HFSQL C/S. I doubt that such WD applications could be converted to web within a few days but a restart from zero seems not so clever too.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
March 27, 2019 06:51AM
Hi Al

Still no spreadsheet control for WebDev thumbs down Been waiting for this since WX16. They are so far behind the bus on this one. They really need to get this sorted out. Not one navigable grid control for the web. Unless I have missed something.

Cheers
André
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.