The Use function and IOS
March 08, 2019 11:51PM
In my application, I use in some cases the Use function to close all IOS windows when opening a window.

What is the method for doing this in IOS?

Thank you very much.

Ruben
King
Re: The Use function and IOS
March 13, 2019 01:36PM
Hi

You have to use close function in IOS for current window or any previous windows in a loop one by one.

Wishlist, CloseAllPreviousWindow / CloseAllPreviousMobileWindows could be handy and hopefully
pcSoft might consider this as an issue.

It's nice if there's a kill function to close the program instead of doubleClick button and swipe up to kill ios app one by one.

HTH

King
March 13, 2019 01:55PM
Thanks for the answer. I have not yet found an acceptable solution. I tried to close the prededent window from the current window but in some cases the program shows an error. So the only solution at the moment is to eliminate the calls to common menu options, thus forcing the user to close the current window before being able to use another menu option.

In other tools like B4X you can call the Finish function before opening the new window and that way you make sure there is only one window open at a time.

Thanks

Rubén
stefan.kern
March 22, 2019 11:22PM
Hi Ruben,

to solve this issue I use internal Windows.

Most of my Apps consist on one window only. This window contains the menu and so on and a internal window control.
In this control I embed internal Windows, which I Change using changesourcewindow().

If you are in Android you Need to catch the "back button" in order to avoid closing the app, but this works okay for me.

May be this helps.

Best Regards

Stefan.
March 23, 2019 04:26PM
Thank you, Stefan. That's how I had it also defined until now, but that complicates a lot the management, makes the application slower and consumes more memory to have several internal windows active.

At the moment I'm already using independent windows. I have modified the hierarchy of the different windows. So I can better define which window calls which other.

Rubén
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.