Project Documentation? crash
February 27, 2019 09:42PM
Hi all.

I can easily print documentation in small batches. If I try to print an entire project, WD crashes. Wondering what the best way to save project documentation into a view-able file to be used for copyright purposes? Seems like there is a limit when printing to a PDF (around 1000 pages+-).

TIA
Re: Project Documentation? crash
February 28, 2019 05:17PM
Hi Jim,

same here. Printing a full documentation even of a medium sized project will crash. However, cutting the printout into smaller parts is possible. A very old nuisance. There are several of them disregarded for many years. I don't have the slightest idea why "customer experience" is that underestimated in Montpellier. It crashes as well when choosing rtf-output.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Al
February 28, 2019 05:44PM
Hello Jim

Unfortunately it is just another in a list of unresolved "scale" errors that occur in Windev when projects get over a certain size and I don't think PCSoft are ever going to fix these things.

I have not been able to do a project file comparison for many years and over the last year or so I have been unable to run the inbuilt option to check and modify file structures in my test data after a change to the analysis without a crash.
I have to save the analysis without generation, close Windev, re-open Windev and just open the analysis separately to generate a new analysis, close Windev, run WDModifc on my test data, delete the cpl folder and then re-open Windev and the project.

Alt S followed by Ctrl Shift W are my best friends and we do our thing about every 15 minutes

I assume they are trying do everything in memory and just run out and if this is the case then their memory management must be very poor as I have 32GB of ram plus whatever is needed in the page file.

I regard it as the - small - price to pay as everything else is very good smiling smiley

Regards
Al
March 02, 2019 12:32AM
Thanks guys. I appreciate your input. I TRULY love working with these tools (since V7.5). As usual after 30 years playing this game, you just have to be smarter than the average bear and a work-around will happen.

Regards and come on spring.
Jim @ 9100' Colorado
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.