Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD22] HDelete and HSetMemo(HMemoNo)

Posted by Stefan B. 
[WD22] HDelete and HSetMemo(HMemoNo)
February 19, 2019 08:25AM
Hi All,

I've searched the helpfile, but cannot find an answer to the question: Will the (binary) memo be deleted when I have set HSetMemo(MyFile,MyPicture,HMemoNo) earlier, before the HDelete(MyFile) ?

Anyone who knows the answer?

Regards, Stefan
Al
Re: [WD22] HDelete and HSetMemo(HMemoNo)
February 20, 2019 12:23PM
Hello Stefan

Logic tells me that it must always delete the memo regardless of the status of HSetMemo because the purpose of HSetMemo is just to provide faster access to the data in the fic file if the memo is not required for the current process.
I set HSetMemo("*","*",hMemoAuto) at the project init and never worry about it later on

What happens when you try it with some test data and different HSetMemo settings ?

Regards
Al
February 21, 2019 03:32PM
Hi Al,

hMemoAuto is the default mode and is says in the help that the management of memos is enabled by default.
Is there any reason I should set it then?

Best regards,
Piet
Al
February 21, 2019 03:43PM
Hello Piet

Not really
I am abelt and braces type of person, if I set the status then I know it's done smiling smiley

Regards
Al
February 22, 2019 11:47AM
Hi Al, Piet,

Thanks for your response.

I set the management of Memo's off in this windows to make it faster. I don't need the memo's here.
I'm looking for reasons why the window is so slow at one client and it is the client that has a lot of pictures in that file.
But there is a HDelete() for the file and I looked for a confirmation that the binary memo will also be deleted when the management of memo's is set off. It should be somewhere in the help file.

Regards, Stefan
Al
February 22, 2019 12:20PM
Hello Stefan

As the content of the memo file can't be retrieved, I see three options.
1. "Trust the force"
2. Ask PCSoft what happens.
3. Prior to deleting the fic record, turn on the memo management, re-read the record and then delete it.

Regards
Al
February 22, 2019 01:16PM
Hi Al,

I've sended PCSoft a request for information. Thanks.

Regards, Stefan
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.