Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Windev help website search broken?

Posted by cabinetman 
Windev help website search broken?
January 27, 2019 10:43PM
Hello All,

Is it just me or is the search in the PCsoft website broken. No matter what I search I get no results found.

DW
Al
Re: Windev help website search broken?
January 28, 2019 12:42AM
Hello DW,

Sorry but it's you smiling smiley

I normally use the local one because its quicker and matches the copy of Windev I am running.
I switched over to the web version to test and even with a blank web page in the setup it still found it
[doc.windev.com]

Regards
Al
Erik Schwarz
January 28, 2019 12:31PM
Hi DW,

i Encounter Problems with the help page similar to you, if I call the help page from browser.
No results whatever doing.
But it always works, if I click on a keyword in the code and press F1 (Need to have an open Project)

Hope this helps

Erik
Al
January 28, 2019 12:48PM
Hello DW

Sorry, I misunderstood the problem until Erik's post.

I have tried to duplicate the issue but it always works for me, both from F1, and the IDE using the "?", the index search and the actual "Search in the Help" option to load the web site. I use a really old copy of Firefox (ESR 38.5.1) because I am still wedded to tabs under the address bar smiling smiley

Does the web search work if you just click on the "Help" option in the ribbon IDE or the "Find" option in the non-ribbon IDE. Both these options load the web page and you can search from there.

I tried in both V22 and V23 and it worked as expected in both.

Regards
Al
January 28, 2019 09:48PM
Ok, I think I figured it out. I saved on my Ipad the link.

I saved the link in my browser with my laptop that windev help button opened. then it was synced through firefox sync on my Ipad.

1) This link was the issue. but seems to be working now.
[doc.windev.com]

2) This one works from the browser from the PCSoft website and it works no problem.
[help.windev.com]

Dennis
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.