Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Report to create RTF document for editing problem

Posted by Jeff Graham 
Report to create RTF document for editing problem
January 26, 2019 11:56PM
I am trying to format a quote letter for a .rtf file opened with MS Word from static data fields on left and Logo and address image controls on the right. Every time I create the file the report in rtf format has the controls interspersed from top to bottom, on one after the other. This does not happen with text fields but only with image controls on the right. These are in the Start of Document block and the page header block is invisible.

Any suggestion how to force the controls to print in the position they show in the report?

Jeff Graham
Cascade Consulting
Al
Re: Report to create RTF document for editing problem
January 27, 2019 01:36AM
Hello Jeff

I don't have a solution to the placement but maybe an alternative born out of a much earlier time when Windev wasn't as advanced.

For forms in my software, I split the page into three components, header, body and footer.
For the header and the footer I supply roughly 10 different format for each and these are hard coded with text blocks, and image blocks in specific positions. My clients can then mix and match headers and footers to create an acceptable form. The body is a simple RTF field or a table of items. The logos and images are stored in setup files. It is limited but it does the job.

Getting back to your original question though, would it help if the images were enclosed in text boxes when the MS document is prepared ?.

Regards
Al
Re: Report to create RTF document for editing problem
January 28, 2019 10:06PM
Thanks for the post, Al. However, I use a report to insert addressee name, address, sender, etc. in the letter.

I have sent a test project with a request to PC Soft technical support.

Jeff Graham
Cascade Consulting
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.