Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Windows Phone dies

Posted by ccc2 
ccc2
Windows Phone dies
January 24, 2019 04:37AM
with Windows phone dies, is this mean that PCS will stop development of windows mobile and put more effort on android ?
Re: Windows Phone dies
January 24, 2019 01:38PM
Hi ccc2,

yes, Windows Phone is dead, confirmed by M$. Imho, same will apply - very soon - to the "Universal Windows 10 App Mode", I haven't seen a Surface Laptop with a different processor than Intel and in WINDEV we even can't catch a key of keyboard in that mode.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
January 24, 2019 04:56PM
Hi,

same goes for Cortana, which will be "merged" with Alexa or Google assistant. Next, "Live Tiles" will probably disappear from Windows 10. There will be a "Light" version of Windows to fight Chrome and Chrome Books, This "Windows Light" (a name for it is pending) will work without tiles as I heard. "Windows Light" will work not only on processors of Intel origin but as well a bunch of ARM type processors.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
ccc2
January 28, 2019 02:56AM
I guess on windev 24 brochure we will see windows mobile remove . grinning smiley , it will look stupid to advertise new tools to support for platform that already terminated.

PCS put so much effort in this platform , now become bubble . That going to hurt hot smiley
Al
January 28, 2019 12:03PM
Hello ccc2

I take a different view regarding PCSoft's investment in Windows Mobile.
It was always going to be a risk for them to back that option given the strength of Android and IOS, and as a developer I appreciate that they were willing to take the risk and make the investment, so that we could at least investigate the platform.
I think they must have realised early on that MS were not that serious and so did not divert many resources to it but if it had taken off them at least they, and us, were in the game.

Hopefully, they will keep that development team on staff and re-direct them to other development tools.

Regards
Al
ccc2
January 29, 2019 05:36PM
From what I see, it's just pure stubborn to admit they have made wrong investment .

don't be surprise if you see new features for windows mobile on windev 25 brochure next year
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.