Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD23] - Multi Lingual - [SOLVED]

Posted by JP 
JP
[WD23] - Multi Lingual - [SOLVED]
January 21, 2019 01:02PM
[SOLVED] - Sorry, I see that WD added quotes which I could remove to resolve the issue. smiling smiley

Hi All

I'm trying to build a multi-lingual application and would appreciate any tips and suggestions.

I have an issue with passing a string to a message window I have designed. If I just pass an English message to my message window then the window receives the string and displays it - all good. However, if I choose to create a translation of the string for another language and call the routine again then no string is passed to my message window.

In the first case I call:

Open( WIN_Message_Window , "The Execution Map name cannot be blank" ) // This works fine

and in the second case I call:

Open( WIN_Message_Window , ""The Execution Map name cannot be blank"2LngIcon"

where "2Lngicon" is the little WinDev language icon showing that there are 2 languages for this message.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2019 03:05PM by JP.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.