Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Save Bluetooth Settings for use with Windows OS

Posted by Lee Shroder 
Save Bluetooth Settings for use with Windows OS
December 07, 2018 06:56PM
Hi All,

Recently I have been working on a simple application that lists the available bluetooth devices, from this list I can select a device I wish to connect to and connect to the service being presented by this device.

In this instance there is a specific device I wish to connect whic is a GoDEX mobile printer that uses the SerialPortServiceClass_UUID.

Through this application I am then able to connect to this service and confirm the successful creation of this service by the discovery of an additional com port when this is completed.

If the bluetooth connection is terminated then the com port disappears which is to be expected.

This all works fine.

The challenge now is that I want this device and its connection settings to be available within Windows.

Does anyone know how I can set / provide this information into the Windows OS so that this device then becomes available as a standard BT device within Windows itself?

Currently using Windows 10.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated smiling smiley

Kindest Regards,

Lee Shroder
Re: Save Bluetooth Settings for use with Windows OS
December 07, 2018 07:25PM
Hi All,

Please disregard this request, I made a schoolboy error by disconnecting at the end of the functions.

The connection is available within windows as long as you don't use the BTDisconnectDevice function.

Sorry to bother you all with this smiling smiley

Kindest Regards,

Lee Shroder
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.