Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MSSql (what are you using when using it with windev) ?

Posted by wduser 
MSSql (what are you using when using it with windev) ?
November 15, 2018 10:25AM
Hi

I Have a view questions on using mssql with windev ( using native connector ) I would really like your opinions on this:

1 What are you all using when useing MSSql. Inow use MS management studio. And I think there should be other tools that do a better job?

2 What do you do when analyse needs be updated. Updating the scema from MSSql take an awfull long time ?

regards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2018 10:39AM by wduser.
pao
Re: MSSql
November 15, 2018 10:41AM
2. We develop one utility to check the structure of table, links (constraints) and so on in the analysis and generate the appropriate scripts to change the structure in the mssql database.

Regards

Paulo Oliveira
Re: MSSql (what are you using when using it with windev) ?
November 19, 2018 07:00PM
We use Navicat to manage our DB's. It's somewhat expensive but is a great tool. It allows us to generate dif scripts automatically when updating database for new versions. I highly recommend it.
The safer way is manual modify analyst .
do not use sync unless only few tables and you don't mind loosing all the arrow relationship .
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.