Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VPS->TSPlus>WDPreview SOLVED

Posted by AadG 
VPS->TSPlus>WDPreview SOLVED
November 10, 2018 11:21AM
Hi all,

We have a VPS with TSPlus installed and a Windev application running. Everything works fine, but there is one
drawback in this configuration. In the Preview screen we cannot use Email with PDF anymore, sending the email to the
local PC and start Outlook i.e. . As you know TSPlus forsees in such for Word or Excel, but not for .eml.

Has anybody a solution for this. Any help highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Aad

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2018 04:29PM by AadG.
Al
Re: VPS->TSPlus>WDPreview
November 11, 2018 05:43AM
Hello Aad

You will need to use the SMTP provisions in Windev to send emails
You need a test in your application so that you can know whether the current application can use Outlook or SMTP
Leave the existing email buttons on the preview and add an SMTP option button to call your smtp email window and use your Outlook/SMTP test variable to hide it or not
Use the same test variable to see if you should hide the normal print preview email buttons. You will need to do this before calling the preview window.
I have all my client available decision values in a file and use a simple parameter driven procedure to retrieve the value as either true/false, a number value or a string etc
	IF SysDefTransRef("USESMTP") = True
		iParameterPreview(iButtonAll - iButtonEmail - iButtonEmailPdf)
	ELSE
		iParameterPreview(iButtonAll) 
	END

Regards
Al
November 12, 2018 10:17AM
Hi Al,

Thank you for your reply. I think you misinterpreted my message. I don't know if you are familiar
with the use of TSPlus, but when I use Preview in a application that is installed on a server with TSPlus,
and I generate a Excel file, TSPlus let's me push this file to my local computer and to start my local Excel.

This works the same way for a Word file. It does not work for Email with PDF, so the email is not pushed
to my local computer.

I wondered if there is a TSPlus user that worked around this problem.

Best regards,

Aad
Al
November 12, 2018 10:28AM
Hallo Aad

I am familair with TSPlus and the universal printer function to bring printed items back to the local workstation. The process I outlined to you is one that I use to email from my TSPlus applications that are running on Amazon servers. When my Windev application prints a report on the server it first saves one copy as a pdf and then runs the Windev preview.
The user can then print the report to their local printer or open the email application from the preview window and the report is automatically attached to the email as a pdf.
The main use for this is for emailing orders and invoices etc that have been created in the application.

Regards
Al
November 12, 2018 11:01AM
Thanks Al,

It's a nice alternative but how to open the email application from the preview window.

Normally the email is opened in Outlook with To:, Subject: filled in and the .PDF attached.
What I do is save or print the .PDF in the Preview screen, my Adobe reader is started and I send the mail via
Adobe. Problem is that the adressee (Tosmiling smiley is ignored.

Best regards,

Aad
November 12, 2018 11:55AM
Hi aad,

I thought there was a setting in TsPlus to open .eml on the local pc just as it does for .doc etc.

Regards Frans
November 12, 2018 12:09PM
Hi Frans,

This option is not standaard, but I did put .eml in de list of files to open locally. So far you are right.
I tried several mailclients on the local computer. Outlook isn't responding at all, Windows Live Mail works
OK and al other mailclients open a screen without a 'Send'-button.

Windows Live Mail is not available anymore, so that's no option

Most of our customers work with Outlook, 32 bit and 64 bit, but nothing works.

Best regards,

Aad

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2018 12:34PM by AadG.
November 12, 2018 12:33PM
HI Aad,

For the Send button you need to add this line to the EML file
X-Unsent: 1
Otherwise the file is seen as an incoming message

Arie
November 12, 2018 12:37PM
Hi Arie,

I saw your earlier posting about this, but how can I add this to the .eml thats's generated by the Preview screen ?

Aad
November 12, 2018 02:33PM
Mmh, good question, didn't think about that.

I suppose you have to use your own mail-button and create the EML file yourself.
That's not a big deal I think, because you already have all the info for an email like: receiver(s), subject, messagetext and so on.

Arie
November 12, 2018 05:26PM
Hi Arie,

I did that already, but I was wondering if someone had the "simple"solution.
Thanks for your help.

Aad
Re: VPS->TSPlus>WDPreview SOLVED.
November 17, 2018 04:28PM
The problem isn't TSPlus, but something in Windev. The Email with HTML is OK, but the Email with PDF does not work.
Normally when you press the Email with PDf there is a screen popping up, that says Printing i.e.

On TSPlus server it does not, but Email with HTML it does. Strange.

I solved it be installing a emailclient (Foxmail) on the server and made it to work. Now the popup appears and
the .eml is generated. OpenOnClient (TSPlus function) does the trick and sends the .eml to local computer. I had
to uninstall Foxmail first.

I only tested this with Outlook and Windows Live mail.

Aad
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.